- Founded in: 1948
- School is supported by: St. Cornelius Parish
- Philosophy: St. Cornelius Catholic School is dedicated to the total education of each student in a Catholic environment. We strive to encompass all facets of Christian living, including: physical spiritual, moral, intellectual, social, and cultural development. Our goal is to nurture each student as a child in God’s family, to present the Gospel message of Jesus, to develop a Christian community and to encourage a spirit of service to others. Families are the first educators of children and we support and encourage this role. As active partners in the continuing process of education, we rely on family involvement and support of our school policies and programs. We value and respect the cultural diversity of the school community, recognizing the dignity and unique potential of each child. We strive to send forth Catholic learners who have become extraordinary citizens focused on academic achievement and the moral and religious commitment for making a productive contribution to today’s society.
- Student-teacher ratio: Kindergarten: 22:2
- Student-teacher ratio: Overall: 20:1
- Current Enrollment: 180
- Families receiving tuition assistance: 98%
Student Demographic Composition:
- Total Faculty: 9
- Faculty accreditation: 100% of our faculty is credentialed
- Faculty with 5+ years teaching: 78%
- Faculty with 10+ years teaching: 56%
- Faculty with 5+ years teaching at St. Cornelius: 56%
- School Accreditation: Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and Western Catholic Educators Association (WCEA)
- Technology: St. Cornelius has over 68 computers including desktops, ipads and laptops for student use. A student-computer ratio of 3:1 Each classroom has a digital projector and document camera.
- What are the total Student volunteer hours in 2012-2013? 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th graders volunteered for a total of over 350 hours!
- Organizations served by students? Bay Area Rescue Mission/Military Orginizations/Richmond Senior Center/ Bay Area Trails/ St. Cornelius Parish
- After School Continued Learning Center: FREE before and after school program. Registration required
- Lunch Program: Hot lunch can be purchased