Family literacy services are defined as services provided to participants on a voluntary basis that are of sufficient intensity in hours and of sufficient duration to make sustainable changes in family and integrate all the following activities:
- Interactive literacy activities between parents and their children
- Training for parents on how to be full partners in their children education
- Age-appropriate education to prepare children for success in school and life experiences.
- Reading/ language arts and literacy classes that support and strengthen reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills.
- English-language literacy classes